view content in/เปลี่ยนภาษา ⇢ Thai
TOOL THURSDAY SERIESIn-depth review of makeup tools every Thursday!
- Head: 0.9 cm H x 0.7 cm W x 0.7 cm D (0.35 in H x 0.28 in W x 0.28 in D)
- Handle: 16 cm L (6.3 in L)
Review & Usage
MAC 219 is made of white goat hair. The soft bristles are densely packed into a pencil-shaped tip. It is yet another multipurpose brush from MAC that you can use in several ways when doing eye makeup.
For example, you can use it to:
- smudge out the eyeliner (on both upper and lower lash line) to create a soft line and blend out harsh edges
- smoke the eyeliner into the eyeshadow for a soft smokey effect
- define/shape the outer V
- extend the eyeshadow out at the outer corner to create a soft winged eye look
- deposit color into the crease
- apply/blend eyeshadows along the lower lash line
- highlight the inner corner
- bonus: apply concealer to acne/hyperpigmentation spots!
The very pointy tip of the brush does a brilliant job at depositing the perfect amount of color and blending/softening it simultaneously. I have quite a collection of pencil brushes from many different brands but I have yet to find anything that performs remotely close to MAC 219. They are either too pointy, too thin, too stiff, or too soft/fluffy. The tapered tip of MAC 219 strikes a perfect balance of firmness and softness — firm enough for precision work, and soft enough that it doesn't scratch or drag on the skin.
The white bristles do get stained easily but they are easy to clean and dry uber fast. I have not noticed any shedding or fraying of the bristles so far (2+ years) but I always dry them in a Brush Guard to retain its shape.
I consider MAC 219 to be a must-have brush for anyone doing eye makeup on a regular basis. I don't think I can ever live without one! In fact, it's one of my favorite eye brushes of all time (and that's why I have 3 of them! I use it all the time!).
I find that not all MAC 219 are created equal. Just look at the ones that I have. All three of them are slightly different from each other. When you purchase one, try to look for the one that has the most “pointy” tip. The pointier, the better since you will have more control and increased precision during eye makeup application.