view content in/เปลี่ยนภาษา ⇢ Thai
My skin has improved so much since my move back to Thailand. Gone were the days of continuously having at least 5-10 active pimples on my face. It was truly a sad moment of my life and I was seriously believing that I wasn't going to have clear skin ever again. Then I sat down and started being more critical about what I used. The thing that made the biggest difference for me was to stop using anything abrasive, both physical and chemical, and be more gentle with my skin (yes, I used to think that since I wore makeup, I had to exfoliate my skin with scrubby beads often to deep clean — wrong!). I plan to write a detailed post on how I combat my acne but for today, I have something that is part of my revamped skincare routine to share. It's a cleansing device I've been using every single day, twice a day, for a month called Foreo LUNA! I am more than certain that it is this device that plays a big part in improving the condition of my skin tremendously as of late! :)
What's in the box?
Foreo LUNA comes packaged in a minimally-designed cardboard box. The version that I have is for Sensitive/Normal skin which has a pink color. Inside the box you'll find:
- A Foreo LUNA for Sensitive/Normal Skin
- An AC adaptor and charging cable – Foreo LUNA supports 100-240 V input.
- A drawstring cloth bag for travel – Convenient but I wish it were made from a different material. This one feels thin and doesn't feel like it offers much support/protection.
- A warranty information, quick start guide, and authenticity card – The device comes with a 2-year limited warranty and a 10-year quality guarantee.
It's worth mentioning that your Foreo LUNA may be locked upon unboxing. Simply hold down the + and – buttons together until the indicator light flashes. Repeat the step to lock. Use the supplied charger to charge. During charging process, the light will flash repeatedly. Once the light emits a steady glow, the battery is fully charged. Charging takes about an hour to complete. One full charge lasts up to 450 uses. I have used my Foreo LUNA daily for a whole month now (twice a day) and I haven't had to recharge it yet so far! The battery life is truly incredible!
How to use
There is a Cleansing Mode and an Anti-Aging Mode. The Anti-Aging Mode can be accessed once you're finished with the Cleansing Mode.
- The Cleansing Mode was designed to clean and exfoliate the skin. Use the front of the device that contains different sizes of silicone “nubs”.
- The Anti-Aging Mode was designed to prevent and lessen the look of fine lines and wrinkles while firming the skin. It can also be used to enhance the absorption of your skincare products. Use the back of the device that contains silicone “ridges”.
Foreo recommends you remove your makeup prior to cleaning your face with the device. Additionally, the cleanser to use in combination with the device should not contain clay, silicone, or grainy substances to avoid harming the silicone touch-points (or I'd like to call them silicone nubs).
To start, wet your face and foam your cleanser, then wet and activate the device by pressing the center button once (the light will come on). The device will vibrate for 15 seconds then pause momentarily for you to move to a different area on the face. I'd advise you let the device glide on the skin gently and naturally rather than pressing it down onto the skin. After a 1-minute, full-face cleaning, press down the center button once again to pause (the light will stay lit). Rinse your face and the device with water, pat dry with clean towel, and continue to the Anti-Aging Mode.
During cleansing, you can speed up or slow down the vibration speed by pressing the + or – button (there are 8 speeds total), respectively. I usually increase the speed when I'm cleaning around my nose area where I have stubborn clogged pores.
Press the center button once to activate. Close your eyes (to fully enjoy the relaxing ritual!) and place the back of the device on each of the following areas of the face: (1) between the eyebrows, (2) right temple, (3) right nasolabial fold, (4) left nasolabial fold, and (5) left temple. The timer is set to 12 seconds for each area; move the device to the next area once you feel the vibration's short pause. Turn off the device by pressing the center button once.
For a complete manual on how to operate the Foreo LUNA, click here.
By completing the 2-minute cleansing and anti-aging routine regularly, you should witness an improvement in the condition of your skin both in texture and clarity.
More key features and benefits
- I find the the silicone material soft and gentle on the skin. The nubs aren't harsh and abrasive which I think is beneficial to anyone whose skin is sensitive and/or acne-prone. I feel that sometimes with acne, it's not because you're not cleaning deep enough but because you're using too much force or being too rough on the skin. Try being gentle for a change and you may be surprised at the results!
- Since the device is made of waterproof and non-porous silicone, you won't ever see bacterial or dirt buildup between the nubs. It's so easy to rinse clean and air dry.
- It has a flat base so it can stand upright on the bathroom counter. It barely takes any space! No cradle or charging stand needed.
- It produces 8,000 T-Sonic pulsations per minute, and with adjustable speeds, you can customize the cleansing experience according to your skin's needs.
- The larger nubs are great for deep cleaning near the nose or areas where enlarged and clogged pores are visible. The smaller nubs are great for exfoliating the wider area of the face.
Close-up of the silicone nubs and ridges
My experience so far
In terms of the device:
- I'm very satisfied with the battery life. I can't say that with my other cleansing tool. I don't have to remind myself to charge regularly. I also don't have to spend money periodically for replacement brush heads. But best of all, I know that my Foreo LUNA is always clean and free of dirt/makeup/bacterial buildup!
- I'm happy that it has 2 different modes and one of them being anti-aging! Not only is it capable of cleaning the skin, it can also help prevent/lessen fine lines and wrinkles. Or you can just turn it on simply for massaging/relaxation purpose, too!
- I think it has a great design but I'm not going to lie that it took me a few uses to get accustomed to the handling and maneuvering. The tapered tip helps ensure that you reach the tighter space on the face but it doesn't quite fit the contour of the face in certain areas; for example, between my forehead and nose. And for this, I miss the flexibility of the brush bristles that conform to the curve of the skin more effectively.
- I'm also a little worried that the charging port (in the back) may become rusty over time even though the device claims to be waterproof. The silicone covering over the big center button seems thin so I'm just hoping that it won't tear over time.
In terms of performance:
- I really don't want to say this as it may sound like I'm making it out to be too good to be true but I have to say, in the last month that I've been using my Foreo LUNA, I have had many of my friends compliment on the better condition of my skin! For me, I look at my face everyday in the mirror and while I think I've seen improvements, I couldn't be one hundred percent sure that I'm not just seeing things. However, hearing it from someone else, I firmly believe that this device really works! They said my skin looked so much better, brighter, smoother, and more radiant! It's also less red and less bumpy! I've never felt so good about my skin for a long, long time and this has truly boosted my confidence! :)
- As for acne, well, I rarely get them anymore! (*knock on wood*). I know it has something to do with my other skincare products, too, but I can't deny that my Foreo LUNA has been a big help. It exfoliates gently but effectively while also enhancing the delivery of skincare goodness into my skin. More surprisingly, I normally get crazy amount of pimples on my face before my period, but the last time I had one, I didn't even see one pimple showing up! It's crazy, and I'm happy! :)
- I also didn't experience any kind of “purging” or irritation on my skin even when I use it so often at twice a day, everyday. My skin never became red or more sensitive. Just a normal, soft, supple, and healthy skin. :)
- While I think that it does great at exfoliating and clearing away dead skin cells, I can't say I have seen much improvement in the appearance of large pores. I know for sure they aren't looking bigger or more clogged, but I haven't noticed them reducing in size in the period of one month that I've been using the device. Hopefully I'll be able to see some changes with continued use!
- As for fine lines and wrinkles, well, I don't have a lot of them yet to begin with so I can't confirm that I've seen drastic changes. However, it gives me a peace of mind to know that by using the device regularly, I am at least preventing them from occurring!
Ultimately, it is up to you to find the best cleansing tool that suits your skin's needs. Some prefer a more “abrasive” option that offers a “deeper” cleansing sensation. I used to think that I needed that, too, but then I realized that what my skin really needed was a gentler approach. Foreo LUNA really answered my skin's concerns and I highly recommend this brilliant tool to everyone who may be going through similar skin's problems that I had. :)
Options and purchasing information
- Blue or teal for combination skin: US$199 | Foreo ○ Sephora ○ Nordstrom // Thailand ฿8,820 | Sephora
- Pink or magenta for sensitive/normal skin: US$199 | Foreo ○ Sephora ○ Nordstrom // Thailand ฿8,820 | Sephora
- White for ultra sensitive skin: US$199 | Foreo ○ Sephora ○ Nordstrom // Thailand ฿8,820 | Sephora
- Cool grey, magenta, turquoise blue, petal pink, or purple: US$139 | Foreo ○ Sephora ○ Nordstrom // Thailand ฿6,640 | Sephora
LUNA For Men
- Day cleanser: US$29.95 | Foreo ○ Sephora
- Night cleanser: US$35.95 | Foreo ○ Sephora
- Day & Night cleanser duo: US$55.95 | Foreo
Disclosure: The Foreo LUNA was provided by Foreo at a deep discounted price in exchange for a product review. All opinions expressed herein are honest and my own.