view content in/เปลี่ยนภาษา ⇢ Thai
Ipsy bag (Glam bag / MyGlam bag) is a monthly subscription service where every month you will receive a bag full of deluxe samples and full-sized products (total of 5 items per bag). This month's theme is “Pretty in Paradise“.
- Laneige BB Cushion – I might have let out a little squeal when I saw this product in my June bag! I've been wanting to try cushion compacts for a while so I'm super excited to use it! To apply, use the included puff to pick up the product from the circular spongy material that is soaked with the formula (scroll down to the close-up photo below where I zoomed into the soaked surface!). Let me tell you, it was so much fun to press the puff into the sponge! I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a full size soon (I'm just not sure what brand I want to splurge on yet!). I appreciate that Laneige includes all 3 shades in the sample: Light, Medium, and Dark, each comes in a generous amount, so that you can find your perfect match. Since I am quite tanned right now (from my Thailand trip!), Medium is a perfect match for me. I tried it on a small portion of my face this morning and I really loved the feeling! It feels light, fresh, and dries to a perfect skin-like finish. The coverage is rather light but is buildable.
- Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray – Another hairspray. Ugh. Ipsy! LOL. Seriously, I just don't really care for hairsprays. I get a headache from the scent and this one smells like coconut. Now, I love the coconut scent, but not on my hair and body. It's just too bad. I'd have loved to try it. I mean, who wouldn't want gorgeous beachy wavy hair in Summer?! If you like coconut scent, I have a feeling you will really like this as it doesn't leave any sticky residues at all.
- NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel – Another product I'm happy to receive! I've been meaning to try this NYX Butter Gloss for months! After having used it, I'm here to report that this is one great lip gloss that is not too sticky, provides just a hint of color (sheer coverage), and smells lovely (sweet sugary scent). It is so affordable, too, and is not difficult to find. Apple Strudel is a peachy coral with a hint of pink. When applied sheer, I like that it doesn't tweak the color of the lipstick underneath. The staying power is above average at 4-5 hours on me.
- MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Crème SPF 30 Sunscreen – Summer is all about protecting your skin from the damaging sun so I'm glad to see another sunscreen product in my bag. I like that this one is moderately tinted (but no coverage) so it doesn't leave that dreaded white cast on the skin. The texture feels super light and spreads out so well. SPF 30 is a little below my standard but for days that I know I'll be indoor most of the time, it will come in handy.
- Nicka K New York shimmer Eyeliner – Oh sparkly eyeliner, gimme gimme! :) The shade name is not labeled on the tube but this one is a daring, sparkling green! The applicator tip is so fine so you can make a really thin line easily. Beware though, the strong pigment really does grab on the skin! I had a hard time removing it even with the Lancôme Bi-Facil eye makeup remover! It's really difficult to come off. If you plan to be in the water, look no further, this one will stay budge-free till the end of day/night!
Another interesting thing about this month's bag is the bag itself! It was designed by Rebecca Minkoff (wow!). I'm not too crazy about the pattern but it looks nice overall! :) Just when I was thinking of cancelling my subscription, they started sending me good stuff! So I don't know, I might stay subscribed for another few months or so. We'll see!
BUY ▶ US$10 | Ipsy