Did you know Hello Kitty turned 40 this year? And did you know she's not actually a cat?! Such a bummer but I still love her so much nonetheless! :) The 40th Anniversary Collection includes several adorable makeup sets and accessories. I'll be featuring the items I received on HelloJaa for the following few days so be prepared for the cuteness overload! :) We'll start off with the most kawaii nail art kit today! Oh, and just in case you didn't know, kawaii = kyut = cute! ;D
The 40th Anniversary Kawaii Nail Set has everything (well, almost) you'll ever need to create Hello Kitty-themed nail art! The set includes:
- A Keepsake Tin. (8.75″ x 5″) I'm sorry. I know this is supposed to be about nail art but my favorite piece from the set is this super adorable tin! ^_^”
- A Kawaii Nail File. With Hello Kitty logo on one side and Hello Kitty pattern on the other.
- A Hello Kitty Signature Stamper Kit.
(1) a silver stamping plate with 7 (tiny) images (a teddy bear, an apple, a solid Hello Kitty bow, a blank Hello Kitty bow, a tulip, a Hello Kitty face, and of course, an entire Hello Kitty character from head to toe!)
(2) a red cushiony stamper with black handle
(3) a metal scraper
⇒ how to use the stamper kit: apply nail polish over the desired image, scrape off excess with the scraper, press the stamper over the image, and then stamp the image onto your nail (easy peasy!)
- Hello Pretty Polish. (0.17 fl oz) Ruby Red is a medium red and Bright White is a stark white. Both colors are opaque with two coats. They are a little thick and dry super quick so they are great for stamping!
- 3D Hello Bling! Nail Rhinestones. (x20) Each one has a clear, raised Hello Kitty face design over a silver background. Very bling bling indeed! These are not stickers so you'd have to align them on the nail polish and top with a clear coat to set.
- 3D Tiny Apples Nail Art. (x20) These are red apple art decals that you also apply on the polish and top with a clear coat to set.
- 1974 Nail Stickers. (x3) Each sheet has different designs. Two of them are a solid blue, red, and white theme, and the last one is an outline silver theme.
- Supercute Accent Nail Appliqués. (x3) I'm a little bummed that these are not a full 10-piece set! You only get 2 pieces of each pattern (red bow, Hello Kitty face, and Hello Kitty).
I'm not very savvy when it comes to nail art but I can see myself trying a few different looks with the set just for fun! The Kawaii Nail Set is a limited edition piece that is unfortunately no longer available on Sephora website but it is still available in store and now at half price (original US$39)! This would make a great holiday gift for the little ones, teens, and even adults who are Hello Kitty fans! :)
Disclosure: The Hello Kitty 40th Anniversary Kawaii Nail Set was provided by Sephora. All opinions are my own.