I'm a little late to the party here but I finally received my first Groovebook in the mail! Words cannot describe how ecstatic I am right now! :D If you are into photography, scrabbooking, or simply looking for a way to print a lot of your photos for really, really cheap (but still decent quality), this is a post you wouldn't want to miss! :)
What is Groovebook?
Groovebook is a photobook subscription service where you pay a monthly fee of $2.99 including shipping to have 100 photos from your phone uploaded and printed into a personalized photobook! What a genius idea right? Because we take so many photos using our phone and then forget about them. With Groovebook, you get to print them out into a neat, purse-friendly photobook that you can keep, share with your family and friends, or gift to your loved one(s).
- The photos are printed on a glossy paper in 4.5″ x 6.5″ size. The quality of the photos is not in any way the same as that of professionally developed ones but it's still really nice.
- Each month you get a different cover for you book!
- Each photo has a date, time, and location stamp on the left side so you know exactly where and when that picture was taken! How thoughtful! :)
- All photos are perforated for easy removal so you can share them with your family and friends or tape them on your scrapbook.
- You can pick 100 different photos or repeat certain photos as many times as you like.
How to get your own Groovebook photobook
- Download Groovebook app on your phone (available for both iPhone and Android phone)
- Sign up for the service through the app
- Follow the instruction to choose and upload your photos
- Wait for your Groovebook!
After receiving my first Groovebook, I have to say I am pretty impressed with the quality and service! I mean, for $2.99, you really can't expect a whole lot but I think I get a lot more than my money's worth. The photos are not super sharp but I still do think they are of decent quality. Some of the images have cut off portions but the main focus of the photos is always present.
- You can choose any photos on your phone as long as they are in your Camera Roll folder. If you want to print something else outside the Camera Roll such as downloaded photos, saved-from-web photos, Instagram photos, or photos from other photo-editing apps, you have to move them to the Camera Roll first (via USB cable or other method of your choice).
- Don't leave empty spots! If you don't have 100 photos to upload that month, then I suggest repeating the photos to print! It's better to have extra!
- You can also print photos that you take with your DSLR camera! Just transfer them to your phone's Camera Roll through a USB cable. :D
My first Groovebook
I've always wanted to print out some of my product photos into a photobook as my portfolio but I have way too many that I want to print and that could cost me an arm and a leg to have them developed professionally. When I discovered Groovebook, I knew this is the service for me! Now I can keep track of all my beautiful photos that I take every month!
So, as you might guess, my first Groovebook is an entire photobook filled with product photos I took with my DSLR camera! I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with how my photos turned out. Yes, some of them are cut off, some are not as color accurate and some are slightly blurry but in the grand scheme of things, I think they are still really decent prints. If you are planning your first book, I'd advise you start with the highest quality photos for the highest quality prints possible. :)
And here are some of the photos from my book!
Want to try for free?
You can use my code “PRUKSA9” to get your first Groovebook for free! You're welcome! :)
So what do you think of Groovebook? Is it something you find useful (or fun)? For me, I know I can't wait to upload more photos for my next book! I plan to have all my product photos printed out but that's probably going to take me months! ^_^”
For more information, visit Groovebook.com.
I am not affiliated with Groovebook nor am I compensated to write this review. I discovered and paid for the service by myself using my own funds. Using the PRUKSA9 code will entitle you to a free Groovebook for your first month. I do not earn any commission by you signing up and using the service using my code.