Ipsy bag (Glam bag / MyGlam bag) is a monthly subscription service where every month you will receive a bag full of deluxe samples and full-sized products (total of 5 items per bag). This month's theme is “Beauty Rocks“.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet – My favorite piece from this bag! Urban Decay has recently released this pencil along with a cream eyeliner, eye pen, and eyeliner. While I'm not a big fan of the new eye pen formula, I have to say I quite like Black Velvet! It is super matte and the black is not really jet black like Perversion. Black Velvet is noticeably warmer and a little less stark. I have a feeling I will use it up quickly and will be buying a full size soon!
- Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Apple Pink – Lip Balm you say? Not really! It feels a lot more like a lipstick to me! The color translates to coral on my lips and it's absolutely gorgeous. It even comes with a brush applicator! However, I'm not a big fan of the drying matte formula. It might sound funny to say, but you do need another lip balm underneath and over this lip balm to keep lips moisturized! :)
- City Color White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse – Lovely texture! The shimmer is so fine and doesn't feel gritty at all going on the skin. The beautiful white gold (less white, more gold) color looks great as a highlighter and a shimmery wash over a shadow. I wouldn't use it as a base, though, since the formula creases a little bit. Unless you apply it over a primer, which will help extend its longevity, too.
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant – I'm really surprised to receive this as it is a very expensive product! I love the smell of it and if you follow the instruction (massage onto skin 1-2 minutes, then rinse and pat dry), you will notice a difference after first use! My skin feels soft, supple, and squeaky clean! I can't wait to see if it will help fade my acne scars over time. It's such a small tube so I hope I'll be able to see some good results before I run out!
- Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse – Not another hair spray, please! I swear, my bathroom drawer is filled with Sexy Hair hair sprays! You name the formula, I have it! I rarely ever use any hair spray because they tend to cause breakouts and it's just not worth it. This one will probably be sitting in my drawer and forgotten just like the rest of them. :(
I wish I would have received either Benefit Lollitint or Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment or even the Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush (I'm a brush fanatic!) instead of the hair spray. I've been slowly getting back into using a primer underneath my foundation again and it would have been nice to receive the Cover FX primer. Oh well, for $10, I guess you really can't ask for much!