Ipsy bag (Glam bag / MyGlam bag) is a monthly subscription service where every month you will receive a bag full of deluxe samples and full-sized products (total of 5 items per bag). This month's theme is “Fresh Picks“.
- Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask – Just used it this morning and wow, I like how it made my hair really soft and smooth! It's been drizzling here all day and normally my hair would get a little frizzy. This stuff seems to help calm it down a bit! I didn't care for the smell too much, though. It's kind of sweet — chemically sweet in fact. I believe this is a full-sized product which to me, is pretty generous!
- Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer in Medium – At first I thought this was just another concealer to use on the face but Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer was actually created for cuts, bruises, and bug bites on the body! It contains all kinds of skin healing ingredients such as aloe, chamomile, green tea, tea tree oil, and Vitamin E. The texture is very creamy and spreads and blends really well. A little on the thick side so I don't know how well it would do as an under eye concealer. I have a feeling it will be too heavy and possibly cake. I'd reserve it just for the body concealing!
- Hang Ten Classic Sport Natural Sunscreen SPF 50 – Talk about perfect timing! I'm in the process of collecting mini-sized sunscreens for my trip to Thailand next week! I plan to be on the beaches (and “in” the water) a lot so this is a perfect product because it is water resistant (up to 80 minutes). It is a broad spectrum sunscreen that protects the skin against both UVA and UVB. The formula is non-greasy and fast-absorbing. Plus, it doesn't seem to leave any residues on the skin! Nice product!
- Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo in Natural Beauty Duo 1 – You know it's not Ipsy bag without at least one Pacifica product! ;) I'm all about “neutral” eyeshadows so to see this shadow duo in my bag I was pretty excited! Upon swatching, though, I have mixed feeling about it. The pigmentation is rather weak even with multiple layers so I think this will be best used as an all-over shimmer or a soft highlighter. I'm just glad that mine arrived in perfect condition since many people have reported that they received it completely shattered.
- Precision Beauty Eyelash Curler – Wish I got the pink one! But this electric blue is nice, too. This curler feels nice and sturdy and it actually does curl and hold curls really well. It doesn't quite fit my eye shape perfectly, though, but then again, I have yet to find one that does! The handle is pretty easy to hold and control and the curve doesn't seem to pinch my lids at all. Overall, a decent curler! :)
Did anyone receive the Too Face bronzer? I was really hoping I'd get it! Oh well. :(
I think my excitement for Ipsy bags or any monthly subscription services in general, has run its course. I don't seem to get excited about the various little products like I used to. I have just redeemed my points for a lip gloss that will come in my next bag and after that I will probably cancel my subscription. I appreciate all the cute mini-sized products I have received so far but I think there are just so many of them in my makeup drawers right now that I can't keep up! I may sign up again in the future but for now I think I have more than enough to last me a while. :)