Last week I was contacted by Luxola Thailand (luxola.co.th) to shop on their website and share my shopping experience with Hello Jaa's readers. The company first premiered in Singapore back in 2011 and recently launched in Thailand in September 2014. Not even a year old yet so I consider it a rather new online shopping website. However, the range of products as well as the brands they currently carry are already quite impressive reaching over 2,700 items available from well over 90 brands. In this post I'll point out key features of the website such as how to shop, pay, and choose your delivery method. At the end of the post I'll also include some tips on how you can score products at discounted prices using coupon codes and points. Without further ado, let's get started!
One of the important things I look for in an online shopping website is the easy navigation and clean layout! And Luxola excels in both! Also on the main page, there is information on running sales and promotions so you won't ever miss the opportunity to shop the deals!
How to shop
It's easy to get started on your shopping journey as you can shop by Categories or Brands or you can browse products based on Bestsellers, New Arrivals, Editors' Picks, or LXEdit (which is the company's weekly online magazine that includes articles related to beauty, hair trend, skincare, lifestyle and fashion as well as home decoration).
- Categories: new items, makeup, skincare, nails, bath & body, tools, and sales
- Examples of brands: SK-II, theBalm, Zoeva, Bliss, Murad, Jurliqud, Laura Mercier, Real Techniques, Philosophy, Illamasqua, Sleek
Wowza! There are quite a few payment options here! In the US, you can only normally pay through credit cards or PayPal, but here? See the list!
- Traditional options: credit cards (VISA or Mastercard), debit cards, PayPal, Gift vouchers
- More options: cash on Delivery, ATM, internet banking, over bank counter, and over service counter at Big C, Tesco Lotus, and Post Office
Orders can only be placed and delivered within Thailand only. You can choose to have your order arrive at your house at any dates within the next 5 days. Your package will be shipped via an independent shipper who will promptly call you on the arrival date to notify you that your order is on its way so make sure your phone is on and that there's someone to sign the receipt.
If you live in Bangkok, you can choose to pick up your order at a BTS station, or self-collect at the company's office. If you place your order by 11:30 AM or 3:00 PM and choose to have it shipped to you, you'll receive your package within the same day. Outside that window, your item will be shipped the next day.
They also offer free delivery on orders over 499 Baht! If below that, there is a fixed rate of 59 Baht for shipping nationwide. Pretty sweet! :)
What else you need to know
• LOYALTY PROGRAM
You can sign up for their loyalty program called LX Insider where every purchase earns you points (25 Baht = 1 point). When you collect enough points, you can redeem them for cash towards your purchase:
- 100 points = 120 Baht
- 400 points = 600 Baht
- 600 points = 1,200 Baht
You can also collect points by writing reviews (10 points per review), self-collecting your order (40 points per order), completing your beauty profile (100 points; Tip: do this before you place your first order to get instant discount!), or shopping on your birthday month to receive 2x points!
If you spend over 3,999 Baht per year, you'll be automatically upgraded to a premium LX Silver and if you spend over 9,999 Baht, you'll reach their top status — LX Gold!
More information on the loyalty program, click here.
• DISCOUNT/COUPON CODES
- There are special promotions for those who carry Tesco Lotus Visa, UOB, KTC, Standard Chartered, Krungsri, or Visa credit cards and dtac Reward and dtac Reward Extra customers. See details here.
- Sign up for their email newsletter to receive instant updates on flash sales, sales on sales, deals, and coupons. I swear they send out new ones everyday! I've seen everything from 10-70% off!
- And just for HelloJaa's readers, click on the button below to shop and enter “TLX_HelloJaa” at checkout to receive 20% off your entire order*†‡!
*excludes SK-II, Zoeva, Laura Mercier, and Sigma Beauty
†offer valid through June 30th, 2015
‡offer can only be used once
What I wish to see more
- More products, more brands of course!
- Samples with purchase would be really nice, too.
- Being able to apply discount codes on brands such as Zoeva (I so want to try their brushes!) and SK-II.
- Maybe I'm spoiled from shopping at Sephora and Nordstrom, but it would be really nice if they would accept returns of used and opened items. What if I selected a wrong foundation shade for my skin tone? What if the product caused irritations? I think these are legit excuses to return products.
My first order
- theBalm Balms Away Make Up Remover (buy) I'm running low on my cleansing balm so this is a good opportunity to try something new!
- Mille Dual Celeb 3D Eyebrow waterproof (buy) What's so unique about this eyebrow pencil is that it is dual-toned! The pencil is split half and half into a light brown and ashy dark brown so you can customize your own shade as you apply for a 3D brow effect. Very cool! :D
- Mille Superstar Glittering Gel Liner Waterproof (buy) I can never have enough of glittery white eyeliner. Most of what I have tend to fade quickly so hopefully this one will stay on a little longer since it's waterproof.
- Gift card In the package I was also given a 350 Baht gift card to use towards my next purchase of 2,000 Baht. Sweet!
My order arrived quickly and safely. I placed my order early Saturday morning and received my package on Monday. My items were individually wrapped in thick bubble wraps and placed neatly inside a Luxola-branded bubble-padded envelop. Everything was intact and in perfect condition! :)
My first online shopping experience with Luxola Thailand was absolutely wonderful. I couldn't have asked for more. If you live in Thailand, I encourage you to check out their website and subscribe to their newsletter to receive daily promotional emails. And don't forget to sign up for their loyalty program. Every point counts!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Luxola.co.th. All opinions expressed are honest and my own.