Question of the weekMakeup / Skincare DOs and DON’Ts
MELISSA | Switzerland | Kiss & Make-up
I used to be pretty clueless about skin care, but over the years I’ve learned a lot and skin care has become quite an obsession for me. Here are a few of my biggest do’s and dont’s:
Do exfoliate on a regular basis, always use sunscreen and stick to your routine once you’ve found one that works for you.
Don’t sleep in your make-up like yours truly did when she was in her teens and early twenties, remember that less is more by resisting the urge overdo it and don’t use alcohol-based products.
KRISTEN | USA | Glambunctious
1. Always cleanse your face before bed. There’s a reason you hear this advice over and over again: it’s the easiest way to take care of your skin.
2. Try to get a sample of the skincare product you want. If it doesn’t work out or causes a reaction, you haven’t invested beaucoup bucks to try it!
3. Buy from a store that accepts returns when possible. If the product causes a constellation of breakouts or an allergic reaction, at least you can get your money back!
SYL | New Zealand | The Painted Rogue
1. Always do your makeup in natural light (or as close to it as you can). That way it’ll always look like you did it *on purpose*, no matter how bold and flamboyant you’re wanting to go!
2.Smile – When your adventuring days are over, crow’s feet are nicer than an axe wound between your brows. Well, most things are, but still.
3. *Never* leave gelatinous cube leftovers on your skin. I mean, that stuff will dissolve armor if you’ll leave it there long enough. Takes off the dead skin…and then everything else….
SUNNY | Belgium | Mostly Sunny Blog
Do… listen to your skin. Your skin knows best. I have tried many skincare products that others rave about but my skin can’t seem to tolerate, and I’m sure it goes the other way around as well. If it doesn’t work, give up fast and try something else! Sometimes there is no toughing it out.
Do… wear what you want and have fun! Life is too short to feel bad when people nitpick on your makeup.
Don’t… lick your lips. This dries them out. If you suffer from dry lips, try kicking this habit (and drink lots of water!)
DEE | Canada | How Does Dee Do It
1. Do: Wear sunscreen even when its not super sunny – start this habit super young if you can!
2. Do: Take off every stitch of makeup before bed, no matter how tired you are.
3. Don’t : take makeup too seriously, but DO take skin care seriously :)
JAA | Thailand | Hello Jaa
1. Don’t pop or pick at your pimples to avoid acne scars!
2. Do apply sunscreen religiously wherever there is sunlight, even when you are indoors.
3. Don’t share your makeup, especially eye makeup, to prevent contamination and eye infection.