- Head: 0.5 cm H x 0.5 cm W x 0.3 cm D (0.2 in H x 0.2 in W x 0.1 in D)
- Handle: 15.8 cm L (6.2 in L)
Review & Usage
Laura Mercier Smudge Brush is a well constructed brush handcrafted from a natural mix of pony and blue squirrel hair. The head is very small and the bristles are short and firm. The handle is lightweight, long, and thin but is still very easy to hold.
It is a true multitasker brush that is good for detail work such as:
- placing pigment close to/along the lash line and in the inner corner of the eye
- smudging out eye liner for a softer look
- placing eyeshadow over the eye liner to set
- applying eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eye to add definition
- smoking out cream shadow for a soft smokey eye
The dense bristles feel soft on the skin when used on the flat side but the firm tip can feel a little coarse and scratchy during smudging along the lash line. It picks up and dispenses colors really evenly, though. The small size of the brush really gets into small areas with precision. It takes away all the stress of trying to line the perfect line because I know I can always go back with this brush to smudge out and soften the “jagged” edge as well as fill in the spots where my eyeliner may have skipped. It is an all-round, nice-to-have brush to polish the final look.
The brush washes beautifully, dries quickly, and doesn't lose its shape over time.
What do you use to smudge your eye liner? Have you used this type of brush before?